I love puppy dogs

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

I'm getting Married!

Yep- that's right! Tom, the love of my life, and I are getting married! We had been talking about it a lot and I was having a hard time being patient...I was trying hard- just wasn't too successful. I felt really bad about that- but it was just busting out of me! Anyway- this past weekend, April 21-22, we were in Akron for Tim's b-day. On Saturday we went to the jewelery store and Tom wanted to look at rings. We'd done that once in Columbus. This time we stopped at his Grandmas to get the diamond she wanted me to have. I wasn't sure if we were stil ljsut looking or what.

Anyway- none of the settings really thrilled me...until I put on the one. It was beautiful- I started to cry and Tom and I were emotional together. I love a man that can be emotional. Anyway, They cleaned up his grandma's diamond and placed it in teh setting- it was perfect- absolutely beautiful. I couldn't believe it! I was just crying and the people in teh store were starting to well up too... Tom put 50% down and they said it would be ready this coming Friday. I figured that I'd have another couple weeks until engagement time...

Well...we were driving back to Columbus and I thought we'd go to Marc's (grocery store) and then to Tom's apt. He passed 270, Morse Rd., 670 E...I was confused. He got off the Neil Ave. exit and I thought we were going to my apartment. We stopped at Gooddale park and he thought it was a ncie night to walk around- it was beautiful out. We walked around the park a bit- just smiling and talking...then we started walking towards Buttles Ave...and High St.- the corner at which Tom and I first laid eyes on each other. I had an inkling then what was going on- but still didn't really know- we've gone to that corner other times...anyway- he started telling me about the directions I'd given him for our first date- where to meet- and then he stopped at the point at which he first saw me and my hair...then when we got to the corner where we met- he held me in his arms, told me how much he loved me and asked me to marry him. I started crying and said yes- of course! He teared up- it was wonderful- people milling about...

tom totally surprised me! I couldn't believe it! :-)What could honestly be better? This weekend we will go to Akron again and this time I will come home with a ring on my finger...engaged to marry the man of my dreams...on September 3, 2006.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home